After two bags of blood and some IV antibiotics, I am now checked back in to Rhoads 6 for the neutropenic fever waitfest. I spiked a fever of 102.2 this morning and that means that I am locked up with the key thrown away until my counts rebound, likely mid-week next.
This admission is with a heavy heart as my father continues to have a rough time. We are able to speak a few times a day, and he is comfortable, but he is not getting a break. I only wish that I could get on a plane and be there with him to cheer him up. But because of my situation I cannot go anywhere. This whole thing is horrible. A whole lotta life around these parts. Yes, my lymphoma is gone, but to watch my dad decline and to be helpless and far away is breaking my heart. I know that I must get better quickly so I can get down to see him. That is all that matters now. Please keep your prayers coming.